October 28th, 2014 by admin
In this message Pastor Dave Koop talks about the covenant that King David made with Jonathan, found in 2 Samuel chapter 9. In this story there are 5 key points we can draw out of it:
1. God shows kindness to us because of the covenant Christ made for us.
2. Christ made a blood covenant with God the Father for us.
3. God found us in the desert of life, broken and full of fear.
4. On our own merit we feel unworthy to stand in God’s presence, we are only there by grace.
5. God extends to us an invitation to enjoy His banqueting table and all the benefits of the covenant.
October 21st, 2014 by admin
Jesus made it clear that following Him would impact our families. Sometimes we see immediately our family members join us in the journey, other times it takes awhile for them to understand our decision.
October 16th, 2014 by admin
Those who follow Christ can be spotted for having an attitude of giving – with thanks.
October 6th, 2014 by admin
Jesus made it clear that to follow Him would mean trusting Him to be Lord over every aspect of our lives. Surrendering our finances can be the most challenging and controversial.
From the story of the rich young ruler we learn that:
1. Doing good is not good enough.
2. God requires total surrender of our lives, including our possessions.
3. Jesus loves us and has our best interest in mind.