December 15th, 2014 by admin
When the angels announced “peace on earth” it did not mean that there would be no more conflict or war on the earth, and that certainly has not been the case. They declared a peace in the heart that was to be enjoyed by all those who choose to live in harmony with God.
Christmas is a message about peace in the midst of a broken world.
Jesus taught His disciples a lesson about peace in Mark 4:35-41.
1. The key to peace is putting your faith in the Prince of Peace.
2. We don’t develop our faith in the calm. We develop our faith in the storms of life.
3. Faith always depends upon its object.
Remember two truths:
- If Jesus Christ is in your boat, it will never sink.
- The storm will not last forever.
December 8th, 2014 by admin
Peace can be described as a state of harmony, serenity, tranquility and order. This is possible when we have peace with God and the peace of God.
1. Peace is not the absence of trouble, but the presence OF God.
2. Jesus made it possible for us to have peace WITH God.
3. We need to live in the peace OF God.
4. Understand that God is the source of your peace.
5. In the midst of fear, God’s peace keeps us secure.
6. When the battle looks overwhelming be at peace.
December 2nd, 2014 by admin
There is a healthy fear (reverence, respect or awe) of the Lord that leads to blessings, which leads to generosity, which leads to no fear.
Key text: Psalm 112
1. Those who fear the Lord will be blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied).
2. What does it mean to fear the Lord?
3. Benefits of fearing the Lord:
a) A healthy family in changing times.
b) Provision in challenging times.
c) Guidance in dark times.
November 24th, 2014 by admin
Andy Hawthorne is the founder of the charity the Message Trust, A Christian mission organization based in Manchester, England that helps over 100,000 young people a year.
In recognition for his services to young people, he was awarded the order of the British Empire in 2011.
Andy proclaims the more we invest in today’s young people the values God gave us in the Bible, the better our society will become.