A SALT course includes online lectures with PowerPoint, online discussions, group projects, and other assignments, readings, and resources – all based on a website devoted to that course. Once a week, students will meet together with an on-site mentor here at Coastal Church to discuss how to apply principles learned within their local context.
Upon completion of five SALT courses, students are eligible to receive a “Certificate of Ministry” from HOPE University.
2013 SALT Course Offerings
1. NEW TESTAMENT SURVEY – History and Literature of the Early Christian (3 units)
January 21 – March 17, 2013
Registration Deadline: January 8th, 2013 (The university will not accept any registrations after this date. Once enrolled, tuition is not refundable).
A study of the background, history and emphases of the New Testament documents as they relate to the development and theology of the early church.
2. OLD TESTAMENT SURVEY – History and Literature of Ancient Israel
March 18 – May 19, 2013 (with a break March 24-31 for Easter)
Registration Deadline: March 3rd , 2013 (The university will not accept any registrations after this date. Once enrolled, tuition is not refundable).
An introduction to and overview of the history and literature of the Old Testament. Students will be introduced to basic resources and methodologies for study. Relationship and significance of the Old Testament to the New Testament and the Church will be emphasized.
(15 students per section/class for course to run)
To register in the current course being offered:
- Please fill out an online form here: http://www.hiu.edu/salt/enrollment/ and then pay the tuition at church via a tithe envelope or at the bookstore. When filling out the online form, type in the course number as listed in the syllabus attached.
- Textbooks and other course materials are not included in the tuition. For your convenience the church will purchase materials for all students, which can be picked up and paid for at the bookstore or Alberni office upon shipment arrival. Karen Wong will email you the details.
- Once registered, students will receive an online username and password along with course details.
On-site Mentoring Session:
These sessions will be on a weeknight at 7 PM (Wednesdays) here at Coastal Church. Students will meet with their mentor in an assigned classroom. Participation in these on-site sessions is optional. However, participation is strongly encouraged as these sessions will serve as opportunities to ask questions & discuss readings or assignments in order to integrate and apply knowledge learned.