Get Involved In Short Term Missions
Our latest short term missions trip was in December 2012, to the “Agape” Aid Center in Ukraine. For the last four years Coastal Church has partnered with “Agape” Aid Center by sending a missions team to the Ukraine to participate in different activities that would minister to children in two orphanages. The Center organizes Winter Camps for Ukrainian orphans during the winter holidays. Through their various camp activities, they give these children a safe place to be during their winter school break as an alternative to being in the streets. More importantly, they provide an opportunity for these children to hear about the love of Christ.
Every year, Coastal Church offers various overseas missions trips that you can be a part of! Below are some answers to most frequently asked questions about Missions Trips at Coastal Church.
Who can apply?
Anyone with a heart for missions and who:
1. Has completed the Coastal Equipping Bases course (101-401). If you have not taken this course, and would like to start taking this first step, please contact Frank Peyton at email@example.com for registration details.
2. Is a regular volunteer at Coastal Church.
What are the other requirements?
1. Must have a valid passport and is legally allowed to travel outside Canada
2. Must commit to pre-trip training sessions (depending on the nature of the trip)
3. Must be willing to:
- Be flexible with various needs and serve by being an extension of God’s hand.
- Submit to the Missions Team leader and organizations’ guidelines.
- Able to work together with a team.
- Be comfortable with manual labor.
- Be culturally sensitive.
How do I apply?
Fill out a Missions application form and participate in an interview. Application forms will become available as missions trip dates are confirmed and announced.
What will it cost?
Coastal Church sends teams to different Missions trip each year. Each team member will be asked to help raise funds for the total Missions trip budget. Further details will be reviewed as a team, once accepted to participate in the Missions trip.
What is the length of the trip?
Short term Missions trips are usually 1 to 2 weeks long.